viernes, 8 de noviembre de 2013

The SAMR model

In the late 80's, Rubén Puentedura created a model called "The SAMR model" in order to talk about four levels of technology use: 
Substitution - Augmentation - Modification - Redefinition
Puentedura describes the first level as "the lowest level of technology used." He says that, in this level, "we are looking at using technology as a direct substitute for an earlier technological form, without changing tanything about it whatsoever."
The second level is about finding "that technology acts as a direct substitute for a tool but then you star adding some improvements, some functionality that wasn't present in the earlier tool."
At the third level, "the task that you're looking at is going to be significantly redesigned by the introduction of a new technology."
Finally, Puentedura says that the final level "you're looking at new tasks (...) that have been previously inconceivable without the technology."
Taking these four levels into account, I can tell you that I'm certainly standing in the "substitution" level because I don't really make use of tech in my classes. However, through this "Técnicas Informáticas" workshop, I'm finding out that it is really useful and that, contrary to my expectations, it is not that complicated.
In which level are you standing?
In my case, I'm looking forward to moving into the next level as soon as it's possible!
Below, I show you an image summarizing Puentedura's theory on the four levels of the SAMR model.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario