domingo, 17 de noviembre de 2013

Digital Play

I play games with my students at the end of each class but they don't integrate technology at all. Some of the games I play are "Simon Says," "Hangman," "grammar tic-tac-toe," "memory game" with vocabulary, among others. You see they're very classic and non-technological. 
However, after visiting Graham Stanley's blog, I can say that, after reading and learning about Digital Play, I'm planning to play some of these games because they're fun and my students would love them. I believe that gamifying my lessons would be great because it's a way of learning and children would enjoy a lot and have a good time while learning through games.
Among all the games I've seen, I chose "Alphattack" because I'm teaching the alphabet to some of my students. In this game, bombs fall from the sky and you have to stop them by pressing  the right letter on you keyboard because, if you don't, they destroy your city!
When I started playing, I said to my self "I won't play this game with the children, it's so boring and easy." But...I kept on playing and it actually got harder and harder and I had lots of fun. I really wanted to keep on playing but I had to stop in order to post about it haha


I'll certainly try some of the games in my classes, won't you?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario